Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it> on 2020/11/05 20:39:30 UTC

Re: [Discuss] Add JobListener (hook) in flink job lifecycle

Hi everybody,
I was trying to use the JobListener in my job but onJobExecuted() on Flink
1.11.0 but I can't understand if the job succeeded or not.
If I look at the Javadoc of the JobListener.onJobExecute() [1] says
"Callback on job execution finished, successfully or unsuccessfully"
but I can't find any simple way to infer if the job has finished
successfully or not.
Do I need to perform another remote call from the client to get the job
details using the job id?
I'm quite surprised that the execution result (FINISHED / CANCELED /
FAILED) in not available in the JobExecutionResult.
Another strange thing is that
the jobExecutionResult.getJobExecutionResult() returns itself..is it
correct?

Thanks in advance,
Flavio

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/api/java/org/apache/flink/core/execution/JobListener.html

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 1:09 PM Matthias <ma...@ververica.com> wrote:

> Reviving this thread again after I came across FLINK-12214 [1] since there
> are use cases which might benefit from this feature. Was there some
> conclusion on public APIs in the meantime? Should we proceed with the
> discussion here?
>
> Best,
> Matthias

> Sent from:

Flavio Pompermaier
Development Department

OKKAM S.r.l.
Tel. +(39) 0461 041809

Re: [Discuss] Add JobListener (hook) in flink job lifecycle

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.
I think it's ok.. I suggest also to add JobStatus to onJobExecuted() so you
can immediately know if the job finished successfully or if it is was
failed or canceled.

Thanks for the help,
Flavio

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <kk...@gmail.com>.