Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Braginsky, Leo" <lb...@akamai.com> on 2001/03/15 15:06:09 UTC

Communication over SSL

I'm trying to get my SOAP server to listen on an SSL port. I have 2 ports
enabled: 7901 (HTTP) and 7902 (HTTPS):
http://devapp1:7901/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
https://devapp1:7902/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
When I hit both URLs from a browser I get a standard RPCRouter response Both
URL respond with standard message ("Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you
have to use HTTP POST to talk to me.")
My SOAP client can successfully invoke the SOAP stuff via the regular HTTP
port.
But when my SOAP client tries to access RPCRouter through the HTTPS port an
exception is thrown.

        Response resp;
        URL url = null;

        try
        {
            url = new URL (urlstr);
        }
        catch(MalformedURLException e)
        {
            System.err.println("Caught MalformedURLException (" +

                                e.getMessage() + ")" );
            throw e;
        }

This is the text of exception:

Caught MalformedURLException (unknown protocol: https)
Exception in SOAPClient!!! java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol:
https

Should I use some other class than URL. Which one? I seem to need the URL
class to execute this line of code:
      resp = call.invoke(url, "");

Can anyone help?

Thanks a bunch,