Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Raghava Mutharaju <m....@gmail.com> on 2010/06/03 22:16:41 UTC

Scanner Exception

Hi all,

      I wrote a custom filter and used it with scan. I am getting the
following exceptions. If I use any built-in filters, it works fine. I
searched around and one of the suggestions was to increase the lease
timeout. Since it works fine for built-in filters, I am assuming that this
is not the case. Is it that there is something wrong with my filter
implementation?

Regards,
Raghava.

Master log:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name: -1
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.next(HRegionServer.java:1889)

	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC$Server.call(HBaseRPC.java:657)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:915)
2010-06-03 16:02:10,775 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.HBaseServer: IPC
Server handler 9 on 60770, call next(-1, 1) from 130.108.56.225:61091:
error: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name: -1

Console:

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to contact
region server 130.108.56.225:60770 for region table1,,1274648045785, row '',
but failed after 10 attempts.
Exceptions:
java.io.IOException: Call to /130.108.56.225:60770 failed on local
exception: java.io.EOFException
[...]

    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:1055)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$ClientScanner.nextScanner(HTable.java:2003)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$ClientScanner.initialize(HTable.java:1923)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.getScanner(HTable.java:403)
    at
org.knoesis.reasoning.MR.FilterReadClient.main(FilterReadClient.java:58)

Line 58 above has a call to getScanner(CustomFilterInstance) of HTable.

Re: Scanner Exception

Posted by Raghava Mutharaju <m....@gmail.com>.
I am using the stable release, 0.20.4.
I think change of rows can be detected because reset() is called at the
beginning of each row. For me, it would have been nice had I known if a
column was the last one in the current family.

I currently modified my schema a bit to make use of the currently existing
filters. I swapped the column and value. Even earlier, the values were
important and I didn't have any meaningful column names, so this change was
ok.

I will take a look at the filters in the trunk.

Thank you for all the suggestions.

Regards,
Raghava.

Re: Scanner Exception