Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Daniel Gandara <da...@neosur.com> on 2006/07/27 23:31:45 UTC

[classlib] ldap

Hi all,

We are working on the javax.naming.ldap package, we know that there is a
contributed ldap 1.4 package which is not complete; so we are thinking about
extending it to accomplish the Java 1.5 specification and contribute it to the
project.
That said, it would be very important for us to get in touch with the contributors
of the package, to talk about some issues related to the current state of the
package implementation.   At this point the most important question we have
is related with the implementation of the classes StartTlsRequest and
StartTlsResponse what are not implemented in the contributed package (classes
are missing in the package).  We would like to know if there were any special
reason why they were not implemented or if the package is still incomplete or
under development.
Any other development documentation of the package (if available) would be
very useful for us too.

Best regards,

Daniel

Re: [classlib] ldap

Posted by George Harley <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

I don't think that there is any special reason for the absence of the
classes you mention; the package looks to be incomplete because of lack
of time. So far as I am aware there is no one actively working in this
area so any contributions you could make would be a terrific help to the
project.

As for documentation, it looks like the Javadoc comments in the types
already implemented is all there is.

Best regards,
George

Re: [classlib] ldap

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hello Daniel,

Glad to know you are working on JNDI. As far as I know, the package is
still incomplete (No JNDI-ldap development discussion in mailing list
before :-) ). You may want to refer to this wiki page:
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/component_development_status

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Richard.