Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Burmeister, Mark" <ma...@xelus.com> on 2002/03/18 19:14:18 UTC

Problems with PSMLDocument.java

I am trying to use the inDocument method in PSMLDocument.java.
Every time I try to create a reference to that class with the following line
of code:

PSMLDocument userAccepted = new PSMLDocument( data );

I get the following exception:

Horrible Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.jetspeed.util.customization.JetspeedColors.(JetspeedColors.java:9
2)

What I have found in the jetspeedResources.java file on line 126
    public static final String HTML_HEX_COLOR_KEY = "html.hex.color.";
is not defined in the jetspeedResources.properties file.
JetspeedColors needs this to function properly.

This is what is causing the exception I am getting, I think.
Do I need to add something to my jetspeedResources.properties file, and if
so what????

I would really like to use this method to test if something exists in my
PSML file.  If anyone has a working alternative or knows of a work around I
would be very interested.

Re: Problems with PSMLDocument.java

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Mark,

Why are you not using the PSMLDocument class define in
org.apache.jetspeed.om.profile.PSMLDocument?

Paul Spencer