Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Fabio Aragao <fa...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID> on 2021/04/28 11:33:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Detailed Apache monitoring

Hello, I wish I could answer a question.Is there any tool, command or way to monitor Apache in its processes regarding the consumption of RAM?If using HTOP in linux I see that apache is consuming a lot of memory, how can I evaluate what is the call, or URL that is causing this ??

Re: [users@httpd] Detailed Apache monitoring

Posted by Eric Shields | #MassTransitHonchkrow <ma...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
I use Webmin to monitor those resources. You can also use "cat" followed by the location of any apache2 configuration file you'd like to peek at.

Eric Shields 🚏 MassTransitHonchkrow

Ask me about the Krowverse Suite of Services.

Posted by Fabio Aragao <fa...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
Hi Richard,
Thank you, I will look at the link you sent me

“Nosso futuro é construído pelas decisões que tomamos e não pelas desculpas que damos.”
(Tiago Brunet)
Fábio Aragão

    Em quinta-feira, 29 de abril de 2021 09:08:20 BRT, Richard <li...@listmail.innovate.net> escreveu:

 Unless the queries to non-existent links are coming in very high
volume they likely aren't your problem.

See: <https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_log_config.html>
for more details on logging options.

Posted by Richard <li...@listmail.innovate.net>.

Posted by Fabio Aragao <fa...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
Hi Richard,

Posted by Richard <li...@listmail.innovate.net>.

Posted by Eric Shields | #MassTransitHonchkrow <ma...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.
There are two locations I look at, but it depends on your OS: I use Debian 10 and LMDE (Debian 10.2).

/etc/apache2 - where most configuration files are stored. Use the "ls -la" command to find out what's inside.
/var/log/apache2/ - where most logs and events are written. Use the "ls -la" command to find out what's inside. Some files are compressed if they're older than 48 hours but you can unpack them at your leisure.

Use "sudo systemctl status apache2" to list all processes associated with the apache2 server.

Posted by Nick Folino <ni...@folino.us>.