Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by tbgu <tb...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/04 22:55:00 UTC

Does Zookeeper do request coalescing ?

Hi folks,

we are testing the performance of consensus about Zookeeper. Does
anybody know if zookeeper do request coalescing on the server side.
For example, If I create a object and send setData request continuously
to the same object at high rate (~10k req/s),
Because the setData request are sending to the same object at high rate,
I wonder if zookeeper still coordinate  each request or just coordinate
the last request in some period. For example:

write request 1, write request 2, write request 3, ..., write request,
100, .., write request 200, write request,100000
Does zookeeper just coordinate the request 100, request 200, ...?
or Zookeeper batch the 100 write requests and just coordinate once, and
don't coordinate for each request ?

Does anybody know such thing about zookeeper, Thanks

Best
Tianbo

Re: Does Zookeeper do request coalescing ?

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.
On 4 August 2015 at 13:55, tbgu <tb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> we are testing the performance of consensus about Zookeeper. Does anybody
> know if zookeeper do request coalescing on the server side.

It does not. The closest thing to coalescing would be multi [0], but it has
to be requested by the client (the server won't pack requestions into a
multi() for a client).

-rgs

[0]
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.6/api/org/apache/zookeeper/ZooKeeper.html#multi%28java.lang.Iterable%29