Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Julian Davchev <jm...@drun.net> on 2010/03/12 13:18:40 UTC

dataImport handler: how to figure out errors

Hello folks,

I have two questions regarding dataimport handler.  Using mysql
datasource with mysql java connector.

1.   Full import works fine
http://example.com:8983/solr/dataimport?command=full-import

delta-import as well

Question is how can I figure out if there are errors when running
delta-import
Cause I have the feeling url is for trigger only...status is always
idle... Is status idle good enough that things are smooth?

I plan to make wget on crontab or something to frequently delta-import
and need reliable way to catch errors.

2. Second one regards data-config.xml and RegexpTransformer
I know howto use it when I set it to entity
But in entity I am forced to supply query.   I would like not to make
extra query for this but use the value
I tried setting transformer directly on <field  but it seems to just
ignore it.

Cheers,
JD