Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peeths <an...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/07/05 11:06:28 UTC

problem with PDF serializer

hi all ,

i'm doing an application in which i'm fetching values
from database and displaying it in different formats ,
html , text , vrml and xhtml is working fine , but
when i'm usind the PDF SERIALIZER , its not working ,
i'm getting the pdf file , but its displaying an error
that the file cannot be open because there are no
pages in the page , i'm not able to rectify what the
problem , help me please , how will i solve the
problem

Regards
Peeths

Re: problem with PDF serializer

Posted by Peeths <an...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi Bertrand,

in the log i'm getting some messages regarding FOP ,
they are

1)   2005-07-04 23:03:59,520 DEBUG
[org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader] Added
url:
file:/usr/local/jboss-4.0.0/server/standard/deploy/cocoon-war-2.1.7.war/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-fop-block.jar,
to ucl:
org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3@d91987{
url=file:/usr/local/jboss-4.0.0/server/standard/deploy/cocoon-war-2.1.7.war/
,addedOrder=45}

2) 2005-06-22 23:04:03,586 DEBUG
[net.sourceforge.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator] Jar
/WEB-INF/lib/fop-0.20.5.jar contains no
faces-config.xml

3) 2005-07-04 23:03:57,270 DEBUG
[org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader] Added
url:
file:/usr/local/jboss-4.0.0/server/standard/deploy/cocoon-war-2.1.7.war/WEB-INF/lib/fop-0.20.5.jar,
to ucl:
org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3@d91987{
url=file:/usr/local/jboss-4.0.0/server/standard/deploy/cocoon-war-2.1.7.war/
,addedOrder=45}

i didnt understand this

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 5 juil. 05, à 11:06, Peeths a écrit :

> ...when i'm usind the PDF SERIALIZER , its not working ,
> i'm getting the pdf file , but its displaying an error
> that the file cannot be open because there are no
> pages...

Most probably the XSL-FO document that is being fed to the PDF
serializer is incorrect or not suitable for FOP (on which the
serializer is based).

You should have a look at the logs and/or console to see if any
messages from FOP show what the problem is.

You can also save the generated XSL-FO to a file (using either the xml
serializer instead of the fo2pdf one) and try to feed this file to FOP
outside of Cocoon, which should make it easier to see the errors.

-Bertrand