Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Charith Madusanka <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/06 11:52:56 UTC

SIEVE Extensions [GSOC 2011]

Hi rdonki!

I'm a 3rd year university student with a java , C++ and C background and
also a reasonable amount of knowledge in mail server and filters . I'm
interested in working on the "SIEVE Extensions" [1] project. I would like to
know your expectations regarding this.

Regards.
Charitha Madusanka,

[] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSIEVE-76
--
Charith
[ UCSC - undergraduate ]

Re: SIEVE Extensions [GSOC 2011]

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Charith Madusanka <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi !

Hi Charith

> Thanx your reply.
> I don't have much time.Please If you can send me use full links related to
> this project. It will make easier and quick to make my proposal.

It is very late. This project needs someone who can digest RFCs
quickly and accurately, and potentially work with the standards group
over at the IETF. I only have limited computing time ATM and this
limits the quantity of support that I could provide as a mentor for
this project. With GSOC, one strong application is better than 3 weak
ones. If you're not confident about learning enough about the SIEVE
family of standards in time (and the learning curve is likely to be
steep unless you've already done some work with protocol
implementation) then I recommend you concentrate your efforts on other
proposals.

Robert

Re: SIEVE Extensions [GSOC 2011]

Posted by Charith Madusanka <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

Thanx your reply.
I don't have much time.Please If you can send me use full links related to
this project. It will make easer and quick to make my proposal.

charith

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Charitha,

Glad to hear from you!

I work with Robert on the GSoc ideas for James.
There are still 2 days 8th April for you to register your application on
google melange [1] with the provided template.

We can help you define the project scope based on Robert's initial
description you read on [2].

What kind of questions have you got ?
Because we are very short on time, you should focus for now on the
what's really needed to write down a good application.

Tks again,
- Eric

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2011
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSIEVE-76