Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vishwas Siravara <vs...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/08 20:41:02 UTC

Unable to start task manager in debug mode

Hi guys,
I am not able to start a stand alone session with one task manager and one
job manager on the same node by adding debug option in flink-conf.yaml
as env.java.opts:
-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005(
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Remote+Debugging+of+Flink+Clusters)
.
This is what my master and slave files look like
*cat masters *
*localhost:8081*
*[was@sl73rspapd031 conf]$ cat slaves*
*localhost*

The job manager comes up but the task manager does not, from the log file

ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports
initialized [debugInit.c:750]

This is because the job manager binds 5005 to its process and the task
manager cannot do this since it is already associated with the

job manager, how can I start the task manager ? Should I comment out
the debug config from the yaml file after job manager is up and start

the task manger separately ? Thanks for your help.

Re: Unable to start task manager in debug mode

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vishwas,

The value of `env.java.opts` will be passed as JVM options to both
jobmanager and taskmanager. Thus the same port is set for two processes.

If you need to pass JVM options to jobmanager and taskmanager differently,
you can use `env.java.opts.jobmanager` and `env.java.opts.taskmanager`.

Thank you~

Xintong Song