Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Julien Le Dem <ju...@twitter.com.INVALID> on 2014/06/12 02:28:14 UTC

apache repo

Now that the apache repo is imported we need to think about moving new
development there.
I'm still trying to figure out if we can transfer the history of pull
requests to the apache github.
Here's my proposal:
 - temporarily we keep reviewing pull requests and comment on
github.com/Parquet but we don't merge anything.
 - once we've figured if we can keep the PR history (give it a few days?)
we move all new pull requests on github.com/apache and merge in the new
repo.
 - it does not look like we can use github issues in github.com/apache so
we will have to use the apache Jira instead.
Julien

Re: apache repo

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Julien
Anything committed to github.com/Parquet is not a direct contribution to
the ASF and can not be merged to the incubator-parquet repo. Development
should now be occurring using the imported repo available on
git-wip-us.apache.org.

Github issues are disabled as Github is only a mirror of our actual
repositories, Jira should be used for all issues. The Apache Github mirrors
can still accept pull requests, but you can not close the pull requests
directly. Instead they are closed when a commit occurs to git-wip and the
Github mirror picks up the commit. This can be through a commit hash
matching or via the commit message containing "closes #1". Reviewboard is
also available and being used by projects like Mesos and Aurora. If you
have any questions on our git setup let me know

-Jake