Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bruno Lacerda <bs...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/05 17:19:07 UTC

Is it poossible, start a route from an EJB endpoint?

Hello,

I'm a Camel newbie looking for some help.

I'd like to know if is possible to start a camel spring route from an EJB
endpoint.

For example:

<route>
  <from uri="ejb:MyServiceBean?method=foo&amp;synchronous=true"/>
  <choice>
      <when>

I'm getting the following exception when try to start the route:

"Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: You cannot consume from
a bean endpoint"

My idea is provide the remote EJB interface as a Camel Endpoit and lookup
the EJB from another JBoss EAP server instance, in the common EJB Remote
Lookup way.

The samples that I already saw starts the route as a <direct:true> endpoint.

Camel EJB <http://camel.apache.org/ejb.html>
Another example
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9068323/camel-routing-between-ejbs>

Any help will be very appreciated.