Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/03/17 09:52:18 UTC

Re: svn commit: r157895 - forrest/site/plugins/plugins.xml

crossley@apache.org wrote:
> Author: crossley
> Date: Wed Mar 16 21:06:16 2005
> New Revision: 157895

> Log:
> Add the missing entry for pod-output plugin.

Sorry - in my rush to do this the other day I forgot to commit to the
main SVN server. Perhaps we should change the deploy target to put the
stuff in the main SVN as well, since ths is the second time I forgot to
do this.

Ross

Re: svn commit: r157895 - forrest/site/plugins/plugins.xml

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> >Author: crossley
> >Date: Wed Mar 16 21:06:16 2005
> >New Revision: 157895

> >Log:
> >Add the missing entry for pod-output plugin.
>
> Sorry - in my rush to do this the other day I forgot to commit to the
> main SVN server. Perhaps we should change the deploy target to put the
> stuff in the main SVN as well, since ths is the second time I forgot to
> do this.

I would rather not do too many automated svn commits.

Now that another of us knows a bit about the configuration
and deployment of plugins, things will improve. I learned
a lot by applying Ferdinand's patch.

It should be a manual task i think, to declare them in
trunk/plugins/plugins.xml

The plugin build script must be reading it from there,
because when i deployed the pod-output plugin, the entry was missing
and so it got removed from the deployed site/plugins/plugins.xml
Too much automation could be dangerous.

--David