Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2002/03/13 17:42:08 UTC

Using XmlRpcClient or XmpRpcProxyClient with Servlet API?

Hello,

I've been trying to implement a suggestion given to me on the
xml-rpc-dev list about using the Servlet API to take advantage of a more
robust HTTP client implementation with the Apache XML-RPC library.
 Unfortunately, I am not getting very far.  I do not see how to extend
the XmlRpcProxyClient to use a different HTTP client.

I think the problem is I do not understand the concept.  Am I
instantiating a Servlet, then having my XmlRpcClient instance send
requests to my new Servlet instance as though it were an XML-RPC server?

My goal is to use the XML-RPC functionality of this library with the
enhanced HTTP functionality of a more robust HTTP client.  The core
developers of the project (who I trust with these calls more than
myself) think that building that functionality into XmlRpcClient is an
inferior solution to "just running the server behind a Servlet".

Any idea how to do that?

I posted to this list because I think this is more of a usage issue than
a development issue.

Thanks!
Ryan Hoegg