Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ritwick Dhar <ri...@EASTPOINT.COM> on 2000/11/24 20:03:24 UTC

RE: tomcat-servlets problem

'Getting started' documentation is included with the download in the
$TOMCAT_HOME/doc directory. Its also available online at jakarta.apache.org.

Posted by Serg Velikanov <we...@vpk.vl.net.ua>.
Hello Ritwick,

RD> 'Getting started' documentation is included with the download in the
RD> $TOMCAT_HOME/doc directory. Its also available online at jakarta.apache.org.

Getting started, getting started. May be, way be. So you have your
servlet? Does tomcat know about it? It seems to me no.

So .java and .class files of your project classesyour should be in
tomcat\webapp\YOURPROJECTDIRECTORY\WEB-INF\class\YOURPROJECTCLASSNAME\*.*
due to servlet spec.

Your .html .htm .jsp and so on files should be in
tomcat\webapp\YOURPROJECTDIRECTORY\

And, please, restart your tomcat.

For Tomcat TEAM eyes only not for mass:
I'm  very respect your work, but if you know something, please tell
about it to other in your docs. As for me, I'm living in Ukraine and
for me it's not a lot of ways to obtain knowleadge --- Internet, some
translated books and hackers ftp's with books.
It's seems to me Tomcat documentation very-very spartan. No details
and so on.  Your users should work hardly to know something. Please,
sometime remember, sweet times when you first started.
--

Kharkov, Ukraine

Best regards,
 Serg                            mailto:well@vpk.vl.net.ua