Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Markus Joschko <ma...@ams.com> on 2004/03/17 16:42:43 UTC

How to know if an appender works like expected...?

Hi,
I have a FileAppender which fails during initialization because it cannot
find the directory and file it should write to.
If this happens I want to stop the calling program. It shouldn't run as
long as there is no logging possible.

To specifiy a FallBackErrorHandler is not possible cause that would mean to
use the console for logging purposes and that shouldn't be in our app.

Is there any other possibility to get an information in the program that
uses log4j if one of the appenders (may be any kind of appender) fails to
initialize successfully?

Thanks,
 Markus