Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rajat Nayer <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/11 14:11:08 UTC

need all info. regd Tags in Struts..

Hi,

I have just started understanding Struts framework.
The tutorial that i followed used some tag libs to do
some html jobs (probably formatting - i dunno yet!!).

Where can i get a complete list of Tags available in
the Struts framework (and abt all the tld files that
we keep in WEB-INF).

Also, could you guide me to a tutorial which will help
me use EJBs in a struts framework on Tomcat 3.2.4( i
have this server currently).

Will really appreciate the help by the list users to
get me up and running with EJBs and Struts.

Thanks
Rajat

Re: Newbie- needs help again!!

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
You've probably got the weblogic docs link already, but here it  is anyway:

http://e-docs.bea.com/

If you are using ant to compile and deploy your apps, then there is
actually very little difference to tomcat.  You just have to put the
deploy in a certain directory, look for the logs in another etc etc.

Oh I see you use EJB as well - then I guess you've got to do the
manifest differently.  I think server.xml is different as well.
Adam

ejbc error

Posted by Rajat Nayer <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi!!!

I am trying to run my first app that has Struts 1.0.2
and EJBs using Weblogic 7.0. I am doing the foll.:

First of all, I am trying to run my first EJB using
Weblogic 7.0. I have created the Home, Remote and Bean
classes in D:\myjavawork\EJB\DEMO folder.After that i
did the foll.:
1) compiled these using javac with weblogic.jar in the
classpath.
2) created ejb-jar.xml and weblogic-ejb-jar.xml in
D:\myjavawork\EJB\DEMO\META-INF folder
3) created the jar file demo.jar at
D:\myjavawork\EJB\DEMO.
4) when i run weblogic.ejbc, it gives an error :
"...Unable to load the class ejb.demo.DemoBean.." even
though the class file is there.

Please help me solve this.

if possible, pls let m eknow what all needs to be done
after this ejbc command is successful.

I am looking for some hand-holding support here.

thanks!!

Re: Newbie- needs help again!!

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
While not specific to the web tier, Chuck Cavaness co-authored EJB 2.0 by
Que.

http://www.informit.com/isapi/product_id~%7BD89D31EE-6C32-4044-9171-0D9E60699072%7D/content/index.asp

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist

RE: Newbie- needs help again!!

Newbie- needs help again!!

Re: need all info. regd Tags in Struts..

Posted by Erik Price <ep...@ptc.com>.

Rajat Nayer wrote:
> I can upgrade to Tomcat 4.x version  .. i do not see
> any issue there.. just need to know the link to a
> tutorial that helps me build a simple EJB-Strust
> appln.

Try Xpetstore:

http://xpetstore.sourceforge.net/

Uses EJB, Struts, Xdoclet, Hibernate, JBoss, etc

Erik

Re: need all info. regd Tags in Struts..

Posted by Rajat Nayer <ra...@yahoo.com>.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/dev_html.html

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/dev_logic.html

Posted by Gemes Tibor <ti...@i-trade.hu>.