Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2021/09/21 01:11:57 UTC

[allura:tickets] #8352 Convert ApacheAccessHandler.py from mod_python to mod_wsgi

If/when this is revisited we can try: https://github.com/phokz/mod-auth-external to run an arbitrary script like a python script. Or https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_authnz_fcgi.html to auth against a fastcgi service.  Example fastcgi at https://flask.palletsprojects.com/en/2.0.x/deploying/fastcgi/ might be helpful.

---

** [tickets:#8352] Convert ApacheAccessHandler.py from mod_python to mod_wsgi**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** py3
**Created:** Wed Feb 26, 2020 07:54 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Thu Feb 18, 2021 05:50 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

mod_wsgi is how we run the main app, mod_python is very old school and we shouldn't be using it.

Recent versions of Ubunut look like they drop support for mod_python anyway rather than supporting it on python3: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libapache2-mod-python/+bug/1735368  Although mod_python does work with python 3, it'd just have to be built manually.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/