Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/31 16:28:23 UTC

Is `branch-3.0` frozen for RC1 or not?

Hi, All.

RC1 tag was created yesterday and traditionally we hold on all backporting
activities to give some time to a release manager. I'm also holding two
commits at master branch.

    https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.0.0-rc1

However, I'm still seeing some commits land on `branch-3.0`.

Reynold, if you are going to cut `v3.0.0-rc2` immediately without having
RC1 vote, please share the information to the community committers
explicitly.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Re: Is `branch-3.0` frozen for RC1 or not?

Posted by Xiao Li <li...@databricks.com>.
Hi, Dongjoon,

You can backport the commits from master to 3.0, as long as they follow our
code freeze policy. Feel free to -1 on RC1 vote if your backported PRs are
blocking the release.

Cheers,

Xiao

--