Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Dan A. Dickey" <dd...@wamnet.com> on 2001/02/12 15:17:19 UTC

Performance?

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone out there has any
performance numbers.  Very simple would suffice, or
even any "expectations".

I ask, because after installing apache 1.3.17, tomcat
3.2.1, and Soap 2.1 - results are not what I was
expecting.  Everything seems to *work* just fine,
but none too quickly.  Here's an example from the
addressbook sample after the service has been
deployed:

$ time java samples.addressbook.GetAddress
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter "John B. Good"

123 Main Street
Anytown, NY 12345
(123) 456-7890

real 0m12.48s
user 0m9.08s
sys  0m1.98s
$

Twelve and a half seconds seems *excessive* to me.
And, this is on an SGI O2 platform.  Not a speed demon,
but not a slouch either.

What are other people experiences?
And, admittedly - I'm pretty new to the SOAP world;
I could easily have something not configured correctly.
        -Dan

--
Dan A. Dickey
ddickey@wamnet.com

SOAP Security

Posted by Gus Delgado <gu...@netquotient.com>.
does anybody know of anyone that has implemented soap with digital
signature?  Any thoughts on this new thing for SOAP? what's the difference
between using this and using https?

http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-dsig/

~

Re: Performance?