Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Patrick Burrows <pb...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/31 20:39:32 UTC

test

this is not spam, please stop bouncing it

--
-

Posted by Sergiy Savchenko <ma...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe
unsubscribe

Re: test

Posted by feran <fe...@whereistand.com>.
It's also a lot easier.

IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(directory);
Hits hits = search.Search(new TermQuery(new Term("key", "value")));
// loop through hits

Posted by "Shepherd, Shane" <Sh...@tylertech.com>.
Please remove me from the mailing list.

Thanks.

Posted by Kurt Mackey <ku...@mubble.net>.
How's the URL stored in the index?  Make sure it's indexed but not tokenized.

-Kurt

-

Re: Lucene in Action (relevance and usefulness)

Posted by Ciaran Roarty <ci...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, to understand what Lucene does and how it works, Lucene in Action is
invaluable. The API may have moved on but the core is still similar.

Posted by Vijay Santhanam <vi...@spectrumwired.com>.
>The API may be a little different, but the javadocs are good as an API
> reference. Lucene in Action is great as an architectural introduction.

That's a better way of putting it.

-Vijay

> The book is still immensely useful, but API differences may cause new
> readers some confusion.

Dean.

http://www.eset.com

RE: Lucene in Action (relevance and usefulness)

Posted by Dean Harding <de...@dload.com.au>.

Posted by Vijay Santhanam <vi...@spectrumwired.com>.
I found Lucene in Action perfect for 1.9 dev, but 2.0+ deviates a bit from
the API used in "Lucene in Action".

The book is still immensely useful, but API differences may cause new
readers some confusion.

I believe "Lucene in Action" is written for 1.4 java package.

Regards,

-Vijay

Posted by Patrick Burrows <pb...@gmail.com>.
Well, alright. Yet, I checked the index for URL and it wasn't in there.

This is why all books should be electronic. Any desktop search tool
(including lucene) would have found that easily.

-

Re: test

Posted by Michael Mitiaguin <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: test

Posted by Patrick Burrows <pb...@gmail.com>.

-

Re: test

Posted by Patrick Burrows <pb...@gmail.com>.
Ah. that's got it. Thanks!

-

Re: test

Posted by feran <fe...@whereistand.com>.
Is the Field UN_TOKENIZED?

Re: test

Posted by Patrick Burrows <pb...@gmail.com>.
Hm...

-

RE: test

Posted by Kurt Mackey <ku...@mubble.net>.

-

Re: test

Posted by Patrick Burrows <pb...@gmail.com>.

-

RE: test

-

RE: test

Posted by DIGY <di...@gmail.com>.
Your question is not clear for me. Can you send a simple sample code for
that?

DIGY

-

Re: test