Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Cronin <ti...@13-colonies.com> on 2003/06/10 19:43:06 UTC

exception null on error page for missing taglib def

I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm not handling the right error.

I got an error page defined in my web.xml as follows

  <error-page>
    <exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>
    <location>/Error.jsp</location>
  </error-page>

I had removed a taglib definition from my web.xml file
and had a page that still was using the tag.

with out the error-page def I get the standard error 500 page
with the following exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File "/tags/struts-logic" not found
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.
java:105)

but with my error page I get a null for the exception.
other errors show up ok on my error page.

in looking at the attributes being passed to the error page

when error is not null the following attributes are set
javax.servlet.jsp.jspException
javax.servlet.error.exception

but for the taglib error only the following is set
javax.servlet.error.exception

also looking at the Java code for the error page It has the following

Throwable exception = (Throwable)
request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.jsp.jspException");