Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by deckrider <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/06 00:38:39 UTC

[users@httpd] BOTH ldap AND htpasswd/file authentication (apache httpd 2.2.6)

Hello,

I'm using apache httpd 2.2.6 on Solaris (for Subversion).

My trouble is trying to supplement ldap authentication with a few
htpasswd entries.  I can get each working separately, but not together
(it appears to occasionally work, but mostly causes hanging).

Works:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Foo / Bar (https://foo.bar.com/)"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPURL ldaps://foo.bar.com:2636/o=corp?corpLHS?sub?(objectclass=corpPerson)
<LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
        Require ldap-user jsmith jdoe
</LimitExcept>

Works:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Foo / Bar (https://foo.bar.com/)"
AuthBasicProvider file
AuthUserFile /opt/apache2/etc/passwd
<LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
        Require user autobuild
</LimitExcept>

Does NOT Work:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Foo / Bar (https://foo.bar.com/)"
AuthBasicProvider file ldap
AuthUserFile /opt/apache2/etc/passwd
AuthLDAPURL ldaps://foo.bar.com:2636/o=corp?corpLHS?sub?(objectclass=corpPerson)
<LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
        Require user autobuild
        Require ldap-user jsmith jdoe
</LimitExcept>

I've also tried various combinations of the following (which I don't
really understand):

AuthzUserAuthoritative Off/On
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off/On

Is it possible that this is a bug that is fixed in some other version
of apache httpd?  Am I just clueless?

Thanks in advance!

Re: [users@httpd] BOTH ldap AND htpasswd/file authentication (apache httpd 2.2.6)

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
deckrider wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using apache httpd 2.2.6 on Solaris (for Subversion).
>
> My trouble is trying to supplement ldap authentication with a few
> htpasswd entries.  I can get each working separately, but not together
> (it appears to occasionally work, but mostly causes hanging).

To mix auth types, look for |AuthnProviderAlias.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_authn_core.html#AuthnProviderAlias

Tony

Re: [users@httpd] BOTH ldap AND htpasswd/file authentication (apache httpd 2.2.6)

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 16:38:39 -0700
deckrider <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,

[/snip]

> Does NOT Work:

A more precise explanation of what exactly does not work would be quite apreciated ;)

> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "Foo / Bar (https://foo.bar.com/)"
> AuthBasicProvider file ldap
> AuthUserFile /opt/apache2/etc/passwd
> AuthLDAPURL ldaps://foo.bar.com:2636/o=corp?corpLHS?sub?(objectclass=corpPerson)
> <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
>         Require user autobuild
>         Require ldap-user jsmith jdoe
> </LimitExcept>

This is a wild guess, but try adding "Satisfy Any" in that LimitExcept block.

> I've also tried various combinations of the following (which I don't
> really understand):
>
> AuthzUserAuthoritative Off/On
> AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off/On

In combination with those.