Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/20 03:06:39 UTC

Forrest friendly searching

I've been playing around with Google's Custom Search and thought I'd
use Forrest as my playground since I have a good idea of what I think
"good" results are.  Anyway, I haven't added a whole lot of
customization or refinements to it but think it's already fairly
useful nonetheless.

http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=014207783617196158741:fgpzn29ywzq

e.g.
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=014207783617196158741%3Afgpzn29ywzq&q=dispatcher

Let me know what you think and let me know if you want to contribute...

btw, i just picked a reasonable name, if it violates some rule, let me know...

--tim

Re: Forrest friendly searching

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Tim Williams wrote:
> I've been playing around with Google's Custom Search and thought I'd
> use Forrest as my playground since I have a good idea of what I think
> "good" results are.  Anyway, I haven't added a whole lot of
> customization or refinements to it but think it's already fairly
> useful nonetheless.
>

> http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=014207783617196158741:fgpzn29ywzq
>

> e.g.
> http://www.google.com/cse?cx=014207783617196158741%3Afgpzn29ywzq&q=dispatcher
>

> Let me know what you think and let me know if you want to contribute...
>
> btw, i just picked a reasonable name, if it violates some rule, let me know...

Quite the contrary. As long as you are prepared to give committers who
ask for it the ability to work on the resources then I'd propose that
this become the default search facility on our site.

Ross