Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/22 00:13:10 UTC

Commons-IO available

I think with the new commons-io and commons-fileupload we can finally
clean up how Tapestry does file uploads.

Currently, the file upload logic fits into the ServletRequestServicer
pipline, because the old fileupload library was coupled to servlets.
That's why file uploads don't work for portlets.

The new code has its own abstraction layer; we should be able to
recode the multipart filter to fit into the
WebRequestServicerPipeline, where it can apply to both servlets and
portlets.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: Commons-IO available

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Umm..~cough~. Rapheal Jean already added a patch to the multipart stuff for
this for us. They should be working in portlets now. (in the 4.0 branch at
least)

The refactoring to use WebRequestServicerPipeline would still be nice
though.

On 3/21/06, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think with the new commons-io and commons-fileupload we can finally
> clean up how Tapestry does file uploads.
>
> Currently, the file upload logic fits into the ServletRequestServicer
> pipline, because the old fileupload library was coupled to servlets.
> That's why file uploads don't work for portlets.
>
> The new code has its own abstraction layer; we should be able to
> recode the multipart filter to fit into the
> WebRequestServicerPipeline, where it can apply to both servlets and
> portlets.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Creator, Jakarta Tapestry