Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Laing <ri...@bigfoot.com> on 2001/01/06 21:26:34 UTC

Tomcat for Mac OS X

Hi,

I have written a simple GUI front end for Tomcat 3.2.1 for Mac OS X, it allows the user to select the home director, configuration file and to start and stop tomcat from the GUI. It has been suggested that I contribute this to the project but amn't sure exactly how to do that! The code has been written on OS X Public Beta and consists of one change to the tomcat source and several new files.

If anyone would like to have a copy or could let me know how Icould contribute the source please send me an email.

Richard Laing

Re: Tomcat for Mac OS X

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> on 1/6/2001 12:26 PM, "Richard Laing" <ri...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have written a simple GUI front end for Tomcat 3.2.1 for Mac OS X, it
>> allows
>> the user to select the home director, configuration file and to start and
>> stop
>> tomcat from the GUI. It has been suggested that I contribute this to the
>> project but amn't sure exactly how to do that! The code has been written on
>> OS
>> X Public Beta and consists of one change to the tomcat source and several new
>> files.
>>
>> If anyone would like to have a copy or could let me know how Icould
>> contribute
>> the source please send me an email.
>>
>> Richard Laing
>
> Richard,
>
> Please put a .zip or .tar.gz up on a website somewhere so that we can take a
> look at it. If you don't have a site, I will put it up somewhere for you if
> you sent it to me in private email.

Greeeeeeeeeeeat... At the same time I have Tomcat 3.2.1 running on MacOS/9
(and it works perfectly, apart from JSPs, since I still need to include
JavaC...)

    Pier

--
Pier Fumagalli  <http://www.betaversion.org/>  <ma...@betaversion.org>

Re: Tomcat for Mac OS X

Posted by Richard Laing <ri...@bigfoot.com>.
Hi Jon,

You can find the latest (much simplified) version at

http://homepage.mac.com/rlaing/FileSharing.html

This version should work with any version of tomcat, it simply calls the
startup.sh an shutdown.sh scripts.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers
Richard

Re: Tomcat for Mac OS X

Posted by Richard Laing <ri...@bigfoot.com>.
Hi Jon,

I've had some problems with not being to run the application on other
machines/other accounts, this seems to be due to the file
TomcatX.app/Contents/MacOS/TomcatX not having correct execute permissions,
use chmod a+x TomcatX on this file if you have problems. I don't know why
the build doesn't have the correct permissions currently, or if this is a
bug in OS X/Project Builder.

Richard

Re: Tomcat for Mac OS X

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 1/6/2001 12:26 PM, "Richard Laing" <ri...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have written a simple GUI front end for Tomcat 3.2.1 for Mac OS X, it allows
> the user to select the home director, configuration file and to start and stop
> tomcat from the GUI. It has been suggested that I contribute this to the
> project but amn't sure exactly how to do that! The code has been written on OS
> X Public Beta and consists of one change to the tomcat source and several new
> files.
>
> If anyone would like to have a copy or could let me know how Icould contribute
> the source please send me an email.
>
> Richard Laing

Richard,

Please put a .zip or .tar.gz up on a website somewhere so that we can take a
look at it. If you don't have a site, I will put it up somewhere for you if
you sent it to me in private email.

thanks,

-jon

--