Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/08 23:29:50 UTC

RE: Surrogate Pairs support

Hi,

Any objections to committing FOP-1969?

Thanks

From: glenn@skynav.com [mailto:glenn@skynav.com] On Behalf Of Glenn Adams
Sent: 03 October 2016 18:36
To: Simone Rondelli <mo...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Surrogate Pairs support

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 2:53 AM, Simone Rondelli <mone.java@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com> > wrote:

Hi Simon/Glenn,

1 - How do I have to proceed for the Surrogate Pair <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-1969>  issue patch? I have updated the code accordingly to your comments, I have created the wiki here:  <https://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/SurrogatePairs> https://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/SurrogatePairs. Who is supposed to review and merge the code?

I want 2 to 3 PMC reviews before we proceed. I hope to be one of them.

2 - When I first submitted the patch Simon gave me lot of comments based on tests that he runs locally and that cannot be included into the ApacheFOP repo because of fonts license. Do you think that I could create an unofficial GitHub repo with such tests, so that in future it will be easier to test changes to ApacheFOP?

No, that won't work. We need tests that work with resources we can include in distribution based on Apache License 2.0. In the past, I have created font data using the ttx tool (and format) used with the Adobe Font Development Kit for Opentype (ADFKO). You can find some of these at [1].

[1] https://github.com/apache/fop/tree/trunk/fop/test/resources/complexscripts/arab/ttx

I coded a ttx reader here [2] which I used in complex script related tests.

[2] https://github.com/apache/fop/tree/trunk/fop-core/src/test/java/org/apache/fop/complexscripts/fonts/ttx

Thanks

Simone Rondelli

Re: Surrogate Pairs support

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
Go ahead. We can deal with breakage after the fact.