Posted to dev@etch.apache.org by scott comer <we...@mac.com> on 2009/04/16 20:42:44 UTC

admit manoj ganesan as etch committer?

manoj was instrumental in bringing up the csharp binding of etch (summer
of 2007).
he has worked on a number of etch related projects while at cisco as
well, and recently
implemented the etch name service and contributed the code.

he was left off the initial committer list at the time etch was moved to
apache as we
were told limiting the list would be better. but this has inhibited his
ability to contribute
to etch. and some on the initial committer list never became active.

i would like to get him added as a contributor, since he knows etch
better than anyone
besides me.

what say you good people?

scott out

Re: admit manoj ganesan as etch committer?

Posted by Scott Comer <we...@mac.com>.
that will soon be true, in a few more days...

scott out

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:42 AM, scott comer <we...@mac.com> wrote:

> he has worked on a number of etch related projects while at cisco as well,

I take it that he is no longer with Cisco?

> i would like to get him added as a contributor, since he knows etch better
> than anyone
> besides me.
>
> what say you good people?

+1

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

RE: admit manoj ganesan as etch committer?

Posted by "Youngjin Park (youngjpa)" <yo...@cisco.com>.
I agree.

+1

Manoj is an excellent engineer, he will be a big plus to the group.

+1

________________________________

Posted by Rene Barraza <re...@gmail.com>.
... And My Ax!

I mean, +1.

- René

Posted by rick bolkey <ri...@bolkey.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by "Gaurav Sandhir (gsandhir)" <gs...@cisco.com>.

Posted by "J.D. Liau (jliau)" <jl...@cisco.com>.

Posted by scott comer <we...@mac.com>.
i vote +1.

scott out

Posted by James Dixson <di...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
james

Re: admit manoj ganesan as etch committer?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:42 AM, scott comer <we...@mac.com> wrote:

> what say you good people?

A bit late for me to say it now, but we normally do Committer
discussions on the private@ list, since some people are sensitive to
give/receive negative criticism out in the open. In fact, anything
that might involve people's feelings (unless they are emotional over
code) are done in private.

Now, I don't think there is any need to make this a private concern at
this point, and I'll be happy to proceed with involving the PMC with
this.

Cheers

Posted by scott comer <we...@mac.com>.
ok, 7 binding plus 1 non-binding for, none opposed. so be it.

niclas, is there something i can do or is it in your court now?

manoj already has a signed icla on file.

scott out