Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Adam OGorman <ao...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/07/14 02:11:19 UTC

Ear deploys as an EJB JAR?

Hello,

I am trying to migrate an application to Geronimo 2.0 (actually WASCE2.0),
it is an EAR that contains a WAR and an EJB Jar module. I believe that I
have the Geronimo deployment descriptors correct (I have compared them to
those in the Daytrader sample app and they seem reasonable). When I deploy
the EAR, everything proceeds smoothly, there are no errors on the console or
in the logs and it concludes with the message:

Deployed default/lunchinator.ear/1184371234828/jar

Yet, on the Geronimo admin web console, there is no EAR file deployed, but
default/lunchinator.ear/1184371234828/jar is running as an EJB JAR. This is
of course not usable and I assume that I am doing something wrong in the
deployment descriptors, but unfortunately I have no idea what...

any ideas would be most welcome and I am happy to post my deployment
descriptors if necessary,

Thanks very much,

Adam.

Re: Ear deploys as an EJB JAR?

Posted by Adam OGorman <ao...@ca.ibm.com>.
I have also now tried with the deployment plan below, I know that a lot of
the content is the same as what is in the deployment descriptors within the
EAR itself, but I thought it was worth a shot.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2"
xmlns:app="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2"
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2">
    <environment>
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>default</groupId>
            <artifactId>lunchinator</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
            <type>ear</type>
        </moduleId>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
                <artifactId>system-database</artifactId>
                <type>car</type>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
                <artifactId>openjpa</artifactId>
                <type>car</type>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>
    </environment>
    <module>
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>default</groupId>
            <artifactId>lunchinatorWeb</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </moduleId>
        <web>lunchinatorWeb.war</web>
	<context-root>/lunchinator</context-root>
    </module>
    <module>
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>default</groupId>
            <artifactId>lunchinatorDomain</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
            <type>jar</type>
        </moduleId>
        <ejb>lunchinatorDomain.jar</ejb>
        <!--  Note this must match the -->
        <openejb-jar
xmlns="http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2">
            <cmp-connection-factory>
                <resource-link>jdbc/dgreen</resource-link>
            </cmp-connection-factory>
version="1.0">
                <persistence-unit name="maketechnologies-com-lunchinator">

                    <jta-data-source>jdbc/dgreen</jta-data-source>
                    <non-jta-data-source>jdbc/dgreen</non-jta-data-source>
                    <properties>
                        <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary"/>
value="buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)"/>
                        <property name="openjpa.Sequence"
value="table(Table=OPENJPASEQ, Increment=100)"/>
                    </properties>
                </persistence-unit>
            </persistence>
        </openejb-jar>
    </module>
    <ext-module>
        <connector>dgreen</connector>

<external-path>org.tranql/tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa/1.3/rar</external-path>
        <connector
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
           <resourceadapter>
                <outbound-resourceadapter>
                    <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                        <connectiondefinition-instance>
                            <name>jdbc/dgreen</name>

                            <config-property-setting
name="DatabaseName">dgreen</config-property-setting>
                            <config-property-setting
name="CreateDatabase">true</config-property-setting>
                            <connectionmanager>
                                <xa-transaction>
                                    <transaction-caching/>
                                </xa-transaction>
                                <single-pool>
                                    <max-size>100</max-size>
                                    <min-size>0</min-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>

<idle-timeout-minutes>30</idle-timeout-minutes>
                                    <match-one/>
                                </single-pool>
                            </connectionmanager>
                        </connectiondefinition-instance>
                    </connection-definition>
                </outbound-resourceadapter>
            </resourceadapter>
        </connector>
    </ext-module>
</application>

Re: Ear deploys as an EJB JAR?

Posted by Adam OGorman <ao...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hello, I have tried deploying using the server plug in from eclipse, the
Geronimo (WASCE2.0) web admin console and also from the command line using
the following:

java -jar deployer.jar --verbose --password manager --user system deploy
c:\deploy\lunchinator.ear C:\deploy\dgreen-plan.xml

my application.xml is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd" version="1.4">
  <description>Make Reference Architecture</description>
  <display-name>lunchinator</display-name>
	<module>
		<web>
			<web-uri>lunchinatorWeb.war</web-uri>
			<context-root>/lunchinatorWeb</context-root>
		</web>
	</module>
	<module>
		<ejb>lunchinatorDomain.jar</ejb>
	</module>
</application>

geronimo-application.xml:

<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1">
  <sys:environment
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>lunchinator</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
      <sys:type>car</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
    <sys:dependencies>
      <sys:dependency>
        <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
        <sys:artifactId>dgreen</sys:artifactId>
        <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
        <sys:type>rar</sys:type>
      </sys:dependency>
    </sys:dependencies>
  </sys:environment>
  <module>
    <connector>tranql-connector-ra-1.3.rar</connector>
    <alt-dd>deployment/data-source-plan.xml</alt-dd>
  </module>
</application>

geronimo-web.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
  <sys:environment>
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>lunchinatorWeb</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
      <sys:type>car</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
  </sys:environment>
  <context-root>/lunchinatorWeb</context-root>
</web-app>

and the "dgreen-plan.xml" dbpool plan used by the deployer:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
    <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>dgreen</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>org.apache.derby</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>derby</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:version>10.2.2.0</dep:version>
                <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
    </dep:environment>
    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>dgreen</name>

                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>