Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/29 10:47:24 UTC

How to include parameters into UiLabels strings?

Hi,
I am trying to add the following UiLabel that includes some parameters

    <property key="ProductOnlyShowingFirstN">
        <value xml:lang="en">NOTE: Only showing the first ${viewSize} of
${listSize} products. To view the rest, use the Products tab for this
category.</value>
        <value xml:lang="it">NOTA: Sono elencati solo ${viewSize} di
${listSize} prodotti. Per visualizzare gli altri, usa il pannello Prodotti
di questa categoria.</value>
    </property>

I would like to use it in miniproductlist.ftl to replace an english constant
text.
Unfortunately I see that the parameters ${viewSize} and ${listSize} are not
rendered as expected but the whole string is displayed as it appears in the
UiLabel.xml file.

What is the correct way to display parametrized labels?

Many thanks,
Bruno

Re: How to include parameters into UiLabels strings?

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
No, that is not the only solution. Did you read my previous reply?

-Adrian

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
would not uiLabelMap.ProductOnlyShowingFirstN be enough in the ftl
without the
> <set field="uiLabelMap_ProductOnlyShowingFirstN"
> value="${uiLabelMap.ProductOnlyShowingFirstN}"/>

Bruno Busco sent the following on 7/3/2008 12:00 PM:

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Agreed!
Thank you!

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks, Adrian!

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Bruno,

Bruno Busco wrote:
> Sure,
> thanks!
>
> -Bruno
>
> 2008/7/4 Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>:
>
>> The same thing can be accomplished without the ?interpret add-on.
>>
>> Wait a little while longer on this - I am looking through the FreeMarker
>> code trying to find a better way.
>>
>> -Adrian

>>> map-name="uiLabelMap"
>>> global="true"/>
>>> resource="CommonUiLabels"
>>> map-name="uiLabelMap"

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Sure,

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Keep it simple:

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Adrian,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Ok sorry now it makes sense.

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Bruno,

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bruno

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Use the <set> operator to copy the text to a new field, then use that field for display.

-Adrian