Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by oliverw <ol...@weichhold.com> on 2008/08/04 18:08:12 UTC

Compiling ActiveMQ-CPP fails under Debian 4.0

./configure fails for activemq-cpp-2.2 under Debian 4.0 etch using the latest
packages from /testing with:

checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... no
configure: error: libpthread not found!

Installing libpthread-stubs0-dev did not solve the problem. Suggestions?

Re: Compiling ActiveMQ-CPP fails under Debian 4.0

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

sudo apt-get install build-essential

should solve this problem (hopefully)

Cheers
Dejan

Timothy Bish wrote:

> There could have been some issue introduced in the configure files when
> we converted everything over to using the APR libraries.  At least on
> all the systems that we are able to access, the library builds fine. You
> may need to compare the previous configure.ac file to the new one and
> see if you can find a change that is causing libpthread not to be found
> on debian.
>
> On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 17:19 -0700, oliverw wrote:
>> By the way. The older version ActiveMQ-CPP 2.1.3 does not suffer from the
>> same problem. Configure at least completes without errors - stating
>> libpthread is installed so it must be something with ActiveMQ-CPP 2.2.
>> But I
>> had to fix a whole bunch of compile errors. All of them missing includes:
>>
>> #include <string.h> was missing in:
>>
>> /main/activemq/io/DataInputStream.cpp
>> /main/activemq/io/BufferedInputStream.cpp
>> /main/activemq/io/BufferedOutputStream.cpp
>> /main/activemq/connector/stomp/commands/CommandConstants.cpp
>> /main/activemq/util/Guid.cpp
>>
>> #include <stdlib.h> was missing in:
>> /main/activemq/connector/stomp/StompCommandReader.cpp
>>

>> oliverw wrote:
>> >
>> > The latest version of libc6-dev is installed. AFAIK glibc-devel does
>> not
>> > exist in Debian.

>> the

>> Suggestions?

-----
Dejan Bosanac

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Re: Compiling ActiveMQ-CPP fails under Debian 4.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by oliverw <ol...@weichhold.com>.

Posted by oliverw <ol...@weichhold.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.