Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Palmreuther <li...@zentrumderarbeit.org> on 2012/11/30 08:47:08 UTC

No compile errors with plexus-compiler-eclipse

Hello,

I'm trying to make use of plexus-compiler-eclipse by setting

<plugin>
	<version>3.0</version>
	<configuration>
		<compilerId>eclipse</compilerId>
	</configuration>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
			<artifactId>plexus-compiler-eclipse</artifactId>
			<version>2.0</version>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
</plugin>

in pom.xml.

mvn compile

works, but in fact I still have errors in my code (I'm actually porting an ant and xdoclet based project to maven).
But instead of getting errors I see a lot of warnings and build succeeds.

The warnings are not only about

"Hashtable is a raw type. References to generic type Hashtable<K,V> should be parameterized"

which I'd expect as a warning only, but also

"Type mismatch: cannot convert from Object to MyBusinessFacadeRemote"
or
"MyBusinessServlet cannot be resolved"
or
"Unreachable catch block for RemoteException. This exception is never thrown from the try statement body"
or
"The import foo.bar.Bla cannot be resolved"

or even whole types (formerly xdoclet generated types I partially need to create manually by myself and haven't done yet).
These I'd expect to pop up as an error and fail the build. Instead it's only printed as a warning and build continues.

Am I configuring maven-compiler-plugin - and plexus-compile-eclipse - the wrong way?
Or is plexus-compiler-eclipse not raising these errors as such at all, which would render it quite a bit useless at the moment?
--
Thanks in advance,
and best regards,

Peter

Re: No compile errors with plexus-compiler-eclipse

Posted by Peter Palmreuther <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Olivier,

Am 04.12.2012 um 09:00 schrieb Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:

> 2012/12/4 Peter Palmreuther <pi...@gmail.com>:
>> Hello Olivier,
>>
>> Am 03.12.2012 um 10:52 schrieb Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
>>
>>> Thanks for the test project.
>>> It's now fixed.
>>> You can test the fix with compiler plugin 3.1-SNAPSHOT and with
>>> plexus-compiler-eclipse 2.1-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>>
>> I was able to get maven-compiler-plugin:3.1-SNAPSHOT from Apache snapshot repository.
>> Sadly I can't find plexus-compiler-*:2.1-SNAPSHOT.
>> I've set my Nexus to proxy https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/repositories/snapshots/, but that seems to be the wrong location.
>> Can you point me to the correct repository?
>
> Use: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/plexus-snapshots

Thanks, seems to work. Both, the repository URL and the fix.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/12/4 Peter Palmreuther <pi...@gmail.com>:
> Hello Olivier,
>
> Am 03.12.2012 um 10:52 schrieb Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
>
>> Thanks for the test project.
>> It's now fixed.
>> You can test the fix with compiler plugin 3.1-SNAPSHOT and with
>> plexus-compiler-eclipse 2.1-SNAPSHOT
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> I was able to get maven-compiler-plugin:3.1-SNAPSHOT from Apache snapshot repository.
> Sadly I can't find plexus-compiler-*:2.1-SNAPSHOT.
> I've set my Nexus to proxy https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/repositories/snapshots/, but that seems to be the wrong location.
> Can you point me to the correct repository?

Use: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/plexus-snapshots

> --
> Thanks in advance,
> and best regards,
>
> Peter

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: No compile errors with plexus-compiler-eclipse

Posted by Peter Palmreuther <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Olivier,

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Palmreuther <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Martin,

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hello Peter

I downloaded maven-eclipse-compiler version 1.9.2 from maven repo1 and was able to use the pom.xml to compile and package
here is the pom.xml i implemented:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0">
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion> <parent>
 <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
 <artifactId>plexus-compilers</artifactId>
 <version>1.9.2</version>
</parent> <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
<artifactId>plexus-compiler-eclipse</artifactId>
<version>1.9.2</version>
<name>Plexus Eclipse Compiler</name>
<dependencies>
 <dependency>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
    <artifactId>plexus-container-default</artifactId>
      <version>1.5.5</version>
   </dependency>
 <dependency>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
  <artifactId>plexus-compiler-api</artifactId>
  <version>1.9.2</version>
 </dependency>
 <dependency>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>