Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by "Skalicky, Sam" <ss...@amazon.com.INVALID> on 2020/10/30 03:08:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc2

Dear MXNet community,

This is the vote to release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0. Voting will start October 29, 20:10:00 PT and close on November 1, 20:10:00 PT.

Link to release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.8.0+Release+Notes

Link to release candidate:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.8.0.rc2

Link to source and signatures on apache dist server:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.8.0.rc2

Please remember to TEST first before voting accordingly:
+1 = approve
+0 = no opinion
-1 = disapprove (provide reason)

Here are the changes comparing to 1.8.0.rc1:

* Updated LICENSE for all submodules
* Updated oneDNN to v1.6.5 for RNN bugfix
* Fixed type issue for broadcast_like
* Fix MKLDNN BatchNorm with even number of channels
* CI enhancements
* Fix SoftReLU fused operator numerical stability
* More Extensions fixes
* Changed intgemm to a submodule instead of fetch
* Updated DISCLAIMER
* Update cuDNN version

Best regards,
Sam Skalicky

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc2

Posted by "Skalicky, Sam" <ss...@amazon.com.INVALID>.
Dear MXNet Community,

Im happy to announce the results of the vote.
This vote passes with 4 +1 votes (3 binding) and no 0 or -1 votes

+1 votes
* Sheng Zha (binding)
* Sandeep Krishamurthy (binding)
* Manu Seth
* Joshua (Zhi) Zhang (binding)

0 votes
* No votes

-1 votes
* No votes

Vote thread can be found here [1]. The list of members can be found here [2].

I'll continue with the release process and update the community as progress is made.

Best regards,
Sam Skalicky

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r7db67b84ff410dca63a678c4ec8f8a2a13cbf33fe1cee3252d5598f0%40%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/mxnet.html

On 10/31/20, 7:46 PM, "sandeep krishnamurthy" <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

    +1
    Built from source using cmake instruction on Ubuntu 18.04. Ran ResNet50
    training for 2 epochs, and inference. Works as expected.

    Also, nightly tests all looks good.
    https://jenkins.mxnet-ci.amazon-ml.com/job/NightlyTests/job/v1.8.x/
    https://jenkins.mxnet-ci.amazon-ml.com/job/NightlyTestsForBinaries/job/v1.8.x/

    Thank you for fixing license issues.

    -Sandeep

    --
    Sandeep Krishnamurthy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc2

Posted by sandeep krishnamurthy <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Sandeep Krishnamurthy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc2

Posted by "Joshua Z. Zhang" <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sheng Zha <sz...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Manu Seth <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Skalicky, Sam" <ss...@amazon.com.INVALID>.
Hi MXNet Community,

The vote on Apache general has identified more issues [1] that need to be resolved before we can release 1.8.0. I have created a github issue with a summary and list of tasks [2]. Please help review/comment on the github issue and open PRs with necessary changes to help push this through. Once these issues are resolved we will need to have another release candidate and vote.

While these delays to the 1.8.0 release are painful we are improving the quality of the licensing/code/repo organization for MXNet and improving the project as a whole which is both beneficial to the community and another step in the right direction towards graduation. Thanks for your patience and assistance along the way.

Thanks!
Sam

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r47d1223cd30a04bbbbee83b642b800d9865620abe87607951f6a1124%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/19660

On 11/5/20, 10:46 AM, "sandeep krishnamurthy" <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hello Carter,
    Thanks for testing and voting, you can carry over this vote on general@
    list :)

    --
    Sandeep Krishnamurthy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc2

Posted by sandeep krishnamurthy <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Carter,

--
Sandeep Krishnamurthy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc2

Posted by Dick Carter <di...@apache.org>.