Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Luis Moreira <lu...@esinnovation.pt> on 2004/11/04 16:48:55 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] apache2 issue getting pictures/stylesheet inknoppix/morphixdistro

Dave,

    I don't mean to insult your eyes, but can you add the actual error
log line(s) ?

Luis

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:20:45 -0000 (UTC), dave@superelite.net
<da...@superelite.net> wrote:

> [Tue Nov 02 18:28:17 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
> /var/www/style.css, referer: http://127.0.0.1/apache2-default/test.php
> [Tue Nov 02 18:28:17 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
> /var/www/SBlogo.png, referer: http://127.0.0.1/apache2-default/test.php
>
> I can ls /var/www/SBlogo.png and /var/www/style.css.  Furthermore, I can
> directly enter those paths into my webrowser and view them.
>
> Here is an excerpt of /var/www:
>
> Index of file:///var/www
> Up to higher level directory
> ..
> SBlogo.png      15 KB   11/04/04        10:41:46
> ..
> style.css       1 KB    11/04/04        10:41:46
>
> DocumentRoot is the debian default, /var/www. Everyone has read rigths to
> every file in /var/www as well as the directory itself.  My mods-enabled
> directory has cgi, cgid, php4, and userdir.

But can you enter http://127.0.0.1/SBlogo.png and see them?  Accessing
through the filesystem is teh wrong way to test.  Where is this
apache2-default directory?

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] apache2 issue getting pictures/stylesheetinknoppix/morphixdistro

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
what happens if you use the image in static html, not php?

Posted by da...@superelite.net.