Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Rahul Raj <li...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/25 10:56:37 UTC

Interested in GSoC 2023, "

Hello Mentor,

I am writing this email to express my interest in participating in the
Google Summer of Code (GSoC) program with the Apache Traffic Control
project. After browsing through the project ideas, I am particularly
interested in the project titled "Add server indicator if a server is a
cache" - issue #7076.

I have a background in computer science, and I have worked with several
programming languages, including Java, Python, and C++. I am also familiar
with the Traffic Control codebase and its architecture, having contributed
to the project before. I am excited about the opportunity to work on this
project and help improve the capabilities of Traffic Control.

From what I understand, the project involves adding a server indicator for
cache servers, which will allow users to differentiate between cache and
non-cache servers easily. I believe this will enhance the user experience
and make it easier for system administrators to manage their server
infrastructure.

I am excited to work with the project mentors and the Traffic Control
community to deliver a high-quality solution for this project. I have
carefully read the project description, and I believe I have the necessary
skills and experience to tackle this challenge. I am confident that I can
deliver quality code on time, communicate effectively with my mentors, and
collaborate with the team to achieve the project's goals.

Thank you for considering my application. I am looking forward to the
opportunity to work with the Apache Traffic Control community on this
project. What to do next for this project for applying. Am I too late for
this Project?

Sincerely,
Rahul Raj