Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ritz123 <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/28 20:12:37 UTC

What is QuickAdd category?

Hi,

Probably is a very naive/stupid question - but can someone explain what is a
QuickAdd category?

Also, is there a way to "activate/inactive" a product? One way I can think
of would be to make the product virtual, also there seems to be a sales
discontinuation date which probably can be used too but wanted to see if
there is a better way to do this.

Thanks

Re: What is QuickAdd category?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
You really need to read the documentation before making hypothesis

From: "Ritz123" <ri...@gmail.com>

Look for Quick add in main eCommerce page you will get to http://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/control/quickadd

> Also, is there a way to "activate/inactive" a product? One way I can think
> of would be to make the product virtual, also there seems to be a sales
> discontinuation date which probably can be used too but wanted to see if
> there is a better way to do this.

Virtual is another concept to create variant products. With variant products you can choose variations. Giant Widget is a virtual
product that you can find in main eCommerce page. WG-9943-B3 is one of its variants.

There are many ways to activate/incativate a product. A simple one to activate is to put a product in a category, to inactivate
supress this product from this category. You should seriously read
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide
and at large
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Documentation+Index

Jacques

Posted by Valentina Sirkova <vs...@iguanait.com>.
Quoting Ritz123 <ri...@gmail.com>:

> Also, is there a way to "activate/inactive" a product? One way I can think
> of would be to make the product virtual, also there seems to be a sales
> discontinuation date which probably can be used too but wanted to see if
> there is a better way to do this.

salesDiscontinuation date could be used for this purpose. Here you
could find useful information
http://docs.ofbiz.org/download/attachments/742/ManagerReferenceCatalog.pdf?version=1

Valentina