Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Per Olesen <po...@nordija.com> on 2007/08/27 12:59:19 UTC

Re: Why does Service need the WSDL again when using classes generated from WSDL?

So, to try and answer my own question (and you might very well correct me
here, if I am wrong :-))

> But why does the FooService actually need the wsdlUrl again? I can see it
> resolves it. I thought, that when i chose the path of generating classes
> from WSDL to java, I had done all the wsdl access I needed to do offline.

Could it be because what wsdl2java generates is only interfaces, annotated
with jax-ws annotations. Hence, the cxf runtime use this to, at runtime,
generate the calls?

If this is correct, isn't there any way to get around this. As in, having
the implementation code, that can call my webservice, generated "offline".
So that I will NOT need to access my wsdl in production?

/Per

Re: Why does Service need the WSDL again when using classes generated from WSDL?

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
Per Olesen wrote:
> So, to try and answer my own question (and you might very well correct me
> here, if I am wrong :-))
>

>> But why does the FooService actually need the wsdlUrl again? I can see it
>> resolves it. I thought, that when i chose the path of generating classes
>> from WSDL to java, I had done all the wsdl access I needed to do offline.
>>

> Could it be because what wsdl2java generates is only interfaces, annotated
> with jax-ws annotations. Hence, the cxf runtime use this to, at runtime,
> generate the calls?

This is not correct, it generate more than just interface, see
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/WSDL+to+Java

Cheers,
James