Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Surendra Kumar <su...@cisco.com> on 2003/12/05 09:33:42 UTC

Startup Servlet + Additional Jars Question

Hi
        We are using Tomcat 3.3.1 in one of our product. We have a startup
servlet in one of our webapp.
        The necessary classfiles for the servlet are in a jar and it resides
outside tomcat direcotry structure. So, we  have used
        additional jars   property to add the jar.  When the servlet starts
we are getting NoClassDefFound error. But the
       classfile are present in the  jar file.

        When i placed the jar file in the lib/apps directory the servlet
started properly .

        Is there any difference between these two approaches ?

        Thanks for any information

Regards
Surendra