Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Bi...@dice.com on 2004/08/04 22:14:16 UTC

Question about Mailer Tag library.

Hi, all,

I am writing a simple jsp making use of the Mailer Tag Library to send out
emails.My question is: Is there any way to put the sender email address in a
format like: "Myname <my...@hotmail.com>" instead of "myname@hotmail.com"
only? I tried the former one but the tag library complained about the
unknown format of a email address, is there any way to do that?

Thanks.
Bing

Re: Question about Mailer Tag library.

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
I'm not in a position to try this out right now, but you should be
able to do this, since the address strings are passed directly to
InternetAddress.parse(). You will need to be careful with the '<' and
'>' characters, though, so that they're not interpreted as HTML or
XML.

--
Martin Cooper