Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/09 01:20:26 UTC

Is there a way to use the Cloudera Distribution without root access

We are trying set up a cluster using the latest Cloudera distribution. The
issue is that IT will not give us root
access to the systems in the cluster. The people trying to set up the
cluster report that it is not possible
to configure a cloudera distribution without root access - also
as of their 0.20 release, the information in /etc/default/hadoop-0.20 will
overwrite any environment variables you specify.)

Has anyone done this??

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave Ne

Re: Is there a way to use the Cloudera Distribution without root access

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Again, please take CDH questions to Cloudera lists.

Posted by Alex Kozlov <al...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Steven,