Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Andreas Fester <af...@apache.org> on 2006/01/30 16:12:53 UTC

Intended commits for L7dTestCase (LOGCXX-125)

This patch fixes the localized logging which was still #if 0'ed out.

To read the resource files, a FileInputStream class was added.
This aligns the class structure better with the java world,
instead of having read/write methods directly on the File class.

Best Regards,

	Andreas

Re: Intended commits for L7dTestCase (LOGCXX-125)

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Mar 8, 2006, at 1:34 PM, Andreas Fester wrote:

> Ok, I would like to retry this one ;-)
>
> I added an InputStreamReader to split the reader and stream
> hierarchy. The classes should now be similar to java.
> InputStreamReader converts from char to LogString.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Andreas

Go ahead and commit what you have and will review after commit.

Re: Intended commits for L7dTestCase (LOGCXX-125)

Posted by Andreas Fester <af...@apache.org>.

On Jan 30, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Andreas Fester wrote:

> This patch fixes the localized logging which was still #if 0'ed out.
>
> To read the resource files, a FileInputStream class was added.
> This aligns the class structure better with the java world,
> instead of having read/write methods directly on the File class.

log4cxx::InputStream and log4cxx::FileInputStream in the patch work
on characters and are therefore really aligned with java.io.Reader
and java.io.FileReader, not their java.io namesakes.  If there is to
be a log4cxx::InputStream its methods should be using
std::vector<unsigned char> instead of LogString.

I'd support either simply renaming the InputStream and
FileInputStream classes to Reader and FileReader and accepting the
patch as a basis for further work or let you try to split out the raw
byte-level IO classes from the character based classes.

log4cxx on HP UX with aCC compiler (was Re: Intended commits for L7dTestCase (LOGCXX-125))

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Feb 4, 2006, at 2:22 PM, Narasimha Rao wrote:

> Dear Arnold,
> DO you know anybody using Log4CXX on HP UX with aCC compiler.
> I need to compile Log4CXX with aCC compiler on HP UX 11.11.
> I need a make file to compile the code and do we need any specific
> libraries lile xml2 etc.. before compile?
> Can you pleae help me?
> While compiling i got one error like error before or after ' ( '
> in socket.h line 248 etc...
> Thank you,
> Nara

I am not aware of anyone using log4cxx on HP UX with a aCC
compiler.   If anyone else on the list knows, please speak up.

Do you have a Java VM on the machine?  Have you tried using the Ant
based build?

1. Download Ant 1.6.5 from http://ant.apache.org
2. Checkout CVS HEAD of cpptasks (see http://sf.net/projects/ant-
contrib) and build

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ant-contrib login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ant-contrib
co -P cpptasks
export PATH /home/foo/apache-ant-1.6.5/bin;$PATH$
cd cpptasks
ant

3. Put cpptasks.jar on classpath

export CLASSPATH /home/foo/cpptasks/build/lib/cpptasks.jar

4. Build log4cxx

I believe that the default mirror used for cppunit is no longer
responding.  You can override it, but finding a mirror name from
http://sf.net/projects/cppunit files page and then specifying

cd log4cxx
ant -Dcompiler=aCC -Dcppunit.mirror=http://example.com/example/
sourceforge -l build.log

If you do get a compiler error on aCC, file a JIRA issue and attach
the full build session log (specified with the -l option switch)

Re: Intended commits for L7dTestCase (LOGCXX-125)

Posted by Narasimha Rao <t_...@yahoo.com>.
Dear Arnold,

Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> wrote:

On Jan 30, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Andreas Fester wrote:

> This patch fixes the localized logging which was still #if 0'ed out.
>
> To read the resource files, a FileInputStream class was added.
> This aligns the class structure better with the java world,
> instead of having read/write methods directly on the File class.

log4cxx::InputStream and log4cxx::FileInputStream in the patch work
on characters and are therefore really aligned with java.io.Reader
and java.io.FileReader, not their java.io namesakes. If there is to
be a log4cxx::InputStream its methods should be using
std::vector instead of LogString.

Re: Intended commits for L7dTestCase (LOGCXX-125)

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.