Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Achal Soni <as...@twitter.com> on 2013/07/25 22:16:54 UTC

Application Lifetime

For a higher level application like Pig, what is the best practice for
Application ID's and such?

For the time being, Pig will compile a script to multiple Tez Dags. It
 will submit the first one, wait for completion, then submit the next one,
and so on so forth.

I should be using the same application id and Tez client for the submission
of these jobs, correct?

Thanks!

Achal

Re: Application Lifetime

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
For now, until tez is extended to support multiple dags, you will need a new application id per dag.

-- Hitesh