Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Hollman Enciso R." <ho...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/08 18:52:36 UTC

help Adding Host - private ip of the server not compatible with the CIDR

hello all.

I'm trying to add new host to my CS management Server but i obtain an error.
Searching on the log form some idea i obtaind that:

The private ip address of the server (10.0.9.64) is not compatible with the
CIDR of pod: Rack02 and zone: Cloud01

Cloud01 it's my zone and has the CIDR 10.1.1.0/24

The host had 10.0.6.3/255.255.0.0

The POD had 172.17.0.0/24

the complete log:
http://paste.algolibre.com/117

Any idea or recomendation ?

thanks.

--
Hollman Eduardo Enciso R.
http://algolibre.com

Re: help Adding Host - private ip of the server not compatible with the CIDR

Posted by "Hollman Enciso R." <ho...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Correct, its a hard rule. You can create another pod to house 10.0.x.x
> hardware to overcome this... Or re-IP the new host to fit in the 172
> network.

Thanks Ahmed.

I have tom make some changes now :(

regards