Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by rogerhb <ro...@niederland.com> on 2009/01/04 07:37:14 UTC

wsdl2java no setters in ADBBean

Generating java classes using wsdl2java (as ADBBeans) (Axis2 version 1.4.1)
 on WSDL containing the following information:

   <xs:complexType name="PaymentAmount">
      <xs:simpleContent>
         <xs:extension base="tns:Amount"/>
      </xs:simpleContent>
   </xs:complexType>
   <xs:complexType name="Amount">
      <xs:simpleContent>
         <xs:extension base="xs:decimal">
            <xs:attribute name="currency" type="tns:currency"
use="required"/>
         </xs:extension>
      </xs:simpleContent>
   </xs:complexType>

The generated PaymentAmount class has no setter or getter methods.
The generated Amount class has as expected setter and getter method for
Currency and Decimal.

I am fairly new to Axis2, is this expected?  If so how can I work around
this?
I tried the same WSDL with prior versions of Axis2 and got the same results.

This WSDL is from a standards group and in use at many companies.  I must be
missing
somthing simple.

Thanks for any clues or suggestions.

Re: wsdl2java no setters in ADBBean

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 12:07 PM, rogerhb <ro...@niederland.com> wrote:

> Generating java classes using wsdl2java (as ADBBeans) (Axis2 version 1.4.1)
>  on WSDL containing the following information:
>

>   <xs:complexType name="PaymentAmount">
>      <xs:simpleContent>
>         <xs:extension base="tns:Amount"/>
>      </xs:simpleContent>
>   </xs:complexType>
>   <xs:complexType name="Amount">
>      <xs:simpleContent>
>         <xs:extension base="xs:decimal">
>            <xs:attribute name="currency" type="tns:currency"
> use="required"/>
>         </xs:extension>
>      </xs:simpleContent>
>   </xs:complexType>
>

> The generated PaymentAmount class has no setter or getter methods.
> The generated Amount class has as expected setter and getter method for
> Currency and Decimal.
>
> I am fairly new to Axis2, is this expected?  If so how can I work around
> this?
> I tried the same WSDL with prior versions of Axis2 and got the same
> results.
>
> This WSDL is from a standards group and in use at many companies.  I must
> be
> missing
> somthing simple.

this seems to be an issue with ADB. Please log a jira. Please try with
another data binding framework
such as jaxbri or xmlbeans (use -d jaxbri or -d xmlbeans)

thanks,
Amila.

> Thanks for any clues or suggestions.

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: wsdl2java no setters in ADBBean

Posted by rogerhb <ro...@niederland.com>.
Thanks for the response I generated a Jira ticket (AXIS2-4193).