Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Uomesh <Uo...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/08 23:51:55 UTC

Re: Is anobdy using lotsofcores feature in production?

Hi Shalin,

Is this means if I apply the patch mention at below link still Solr does not
support lots of core?

Are you saying this is just a concept and the patch is not an
implementation? We are planning to use lots of core in our commerce system
to separate products for each client in search and provide customization for
each client. So could you please let us know if this is feasible and if we
want to create around 500 cores and have around 8-10 load balancing solr
slaves?

Please let us know. Based on your feedback our approach will be decided.

Thanks & Regards,
Umesh