Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com> on 2004/02/11 14:45:04 UTC

Home from eclipsecon & thanks!

Whew, finally made it home. And, suprisingly, it wasn't that big a deal to
lug an 11 month old kid across the continent by plane.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Spindle last week. I think that having
Spindle win was a bit of a suprise to the three commercial entities that
sponsored the contest. Thier plugins were in the lead until you made Spindle
the winner!

Saw lots of interesting stuff at eclipsecon. I can't wait for Eclipse 3.0
gets nearer to final release as there's some neat stuff coming that'll make
Spindle even better.

Last point with regards to developer representation at the conference. Apart
from myself, I found only one other "free range" Eclipse plugin developer.
By "free range" I mean a developer who builds plugins in thier spare time
and doesn't work for IBM, Intel, HP, etc. The gent I ran into is developing
an interesting plugin for Jini developers and he trucked his way up all the
way from Brazil!

Although, I did run into a couple of very interesting German guys
(independant consultants) who are using  Eclipse to build (non-ide) rich
client apps on the Eclipse platform!

There are some outstanding Spindle bugs that I plan to address in the next
few days. Need to get back on line with the day job first.

Cheers,

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.