Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Viral_Thakkar <Vi...@infosys.com> on 2003/07/29 15:13:53 UTC

Distributed components placing

In a typical distributed web application using the struts framework.

The flow designed is as below :

StrutsController --> ActionForm --> Action --> Business Delegate (Uses
Service Locator) --> Session Facade.

Details :

The query is whether Business delegate component should be part of
client jar file or it should be part of server jar file?

I think, business delegate and service locator will be part of client
jar file as business delegate is used inside the Struts Action class
execute() method. And service locator will be used by busiess delegate
to get the session facade.

If service locator component is required at session facade also then
should we keep service locator component in server jar also?

Thanks in advance.