Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "michael.boom" <my...@yahoo.com> on 2013/12/11 14:06:59 UTC

Updating shard range in Zookeeper

Hi,

Somehow my Zookeeper clusterstate has gotten messed up and after a restart
of both Zookeeper instances and my Solr instances in one of my collections ,
for one shard, the "range" is now null.
Everything else it's fine, but I can't index documents now because i get an
error : No active slice servicing hash code 2c7ade4d in DocCollection.

The router of my collection is compositIed.

If i look to the other collections ranges i can guess that the missing range
should be "0-3fffffff".
Any idea how can i update it ? (tools, procedures)

Thanks!

-----
Thanks,
Michael

Re: Updating shard range in Zookeeper

Posted by Manuel Le Normand <ma...@gmail.com>.
Zookeeper client for eclipse is the tool you're looking for. You can edit
directly the clusterstate.
http://www.massedynamic.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Eclipse_Plug-in_for_ZooKeeper

Another option can be using the delivered zkclient (distributed with solr
4.5 and above) and upload a new clusterstate with a new shard range.

Good luck