Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andy Jefferson <an...@ajsoft.net> on 2003/09/22 09:38:32 UTC

Re: maven on win32 -> doesn`t work

On Saturday 09 Aug 2003 08:38, Peter Veentjer wrote:
> I have tried to install maven on my windows xp machine, but the beta 8,
> 9 en 10 all don`t work because all kinds of dependencies could not be
> solved (antlr and ant eg). Could you please put a good version online so
> I can proceed tranforming all my ant projects to maven projects?

All versions of Maven mentioned work. When you run Maven it tries to download
jars of packages it needs to run and it is clearly coming back with an error.
Maybe you are behind a firewall ?

If you perhaps post the error message you would get help in fixing it rather
than just assuming that Maven "doesn't work".

--
Andy

Re: maven on win32 -> doesn`t work

Posted by Peter Veentjer <pe...@alarmnummer.net>.
Andy Jefferson wrote:

>On Saturday 09 Aug 2003 08:38, Peter Veentjer wrote:
>

>>I have tried to install maven on my windows xp machine, but the beta 8,
>>9 en 10 all don`t work because all kinds of dependencies could not be
>>solved (antlr and ant eg). Could you please put a good version online so
>>I can proceed tranforming all my ant projects to maven projects?
>>

>All versions of Maven mentioned work. When you run Maven it tries to download
>jars of packages it needs to run and it is clearly coming back with an error.
>Maybe you are behind a firewall ?
>
>If you perhaps post the error message you would get help in fixing it rather
>than just assuming that Maven "doesn't work".

The message at work:

Directory XXX.maven.repository doesn`t exist. Try to create it
(translation from dutch). In the documentation a

install_repo.bat is mentioned, but it is not there in the bin direcrtory.

I have internet at work.

The message at home (where I don`t have internet) is about not being
able to resolve dependencies for antlr en ant (and jelly tags and a few
others). I have been fiddeling around for a few hours to copy the jars
that were required (ant eg), but I could not solve all the dependencies.
On the site is mentioned that everything that is required is in the
distribution of maven, so I assumed I don`t need maven (ps I use maven
with the -o option (building offline)).